Curious about Augmented Reality?
Create Custom AR Filters for Branding and Channel Growth
- Get more followers on Instagram and Facebook
- Engage your customers with masks and filters that feature YOUR products and services
- Create augmented business cards
- Give your customers a way to interact directly with your brand
SparkAR Intensive –
Become an AR Master in 11 Weeks
Next course starts October 10th. 7-10pm for 11 Thursdays. Cost: $395 CDN
This is a live internet based course! Lessons will be live using Zoom with small class sizes.
You will need a webcam, internet connection and either Mac or Windows 10 computer.
Course size is limited so register now! Sign up below to be notified when the registration is live.
In this course you will
- Create AR camera filters for Facebook and Instagram
- Preview filters on your PC, Mac or smartphone
- Learn to use face tracking, plane tracking, marker tracking and hand tracking
- Import 3D models, animation and audio
- Creating and apply simple and complex materials
- Apply lighting and environment maps using physically based shaders
- Create masks that track the user’s face and facial expressions
- Place virtual objects on flat surfaces and image markers
- Learn to control effects with facial gestures and audio
- Learn how to separate people from the background
- Create touch interfaces to control your effects
- Learn to use node-based visual scripting to create simple and complex effects
- Design and incorporate particle effects in your filters
- Create simple face-controlled games
- Get an Introduction to reactive programming
- Publish your filters and track their use with analytics
- And much more!
This is a live internet based course format. You will require a laptop running the latest MacOS or Windows 10. A Facebook and Instagram account is recommended as well as a smartphone.
About the instructor
Mike Peredo is a veteran instructor and game developer who has been working in computer graphics for over 30 years. His work includes AAA games, animated television and lots of VR. He has designed and taught courses at VFS, VanArts, UBC and other institutes. Mike is currently Dept Head of Video Games at SC Institute of the Arts.